Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 15 - Half Way There! A Strip Apron

The apron I made today is made of fabric that I pieced together. I had a bunch of strips of fabric that were left over from a quilting project. My Aunt Susie is a very, very good quilter. She had to stop quilting for a while and gave us a bunch or her fabric - pieces that she had left from projects and things like that. I LOVE getting bits and bobs - free stuff is always the best! I was totally winging it today, no pattern, no real idea of where I was going to go with it. The result turned out better than I could have imagined. Here it is:




 I LOVE the fabrics that I used for the top - love the colors. I think they are just so lovely.


The skirt is done in many different directions - I had fun piecing it all together. Each side is different,


The whole thing is lined with a fine wale corduroy  - it's very, very soft. Since I didn't use a pattern, it's hard to say what size this apron is. It would fit a variety of sizes and can be tied in the front or back.

This apron is available for sale for $25 (plus postage). I think it would make a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment