Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 10 - A Half Apron

Today's apron is a half apron - it only covers from the waist down. I used the same pattern, More Retro Aprons by Cindy Taylor Oates view D-1 this time.

Here is the picture of the pattern book back cover:

Can you tell I really like this pattern book?? This little apron is so cute! I just love the style and because of the various parts, there are so many possibilities with different fabric. I chose a beautiful blue floral print with a pink print and green gingham accents. The white ric rac really sets it off!

 The finished apron is really quite sweet!

 This apron is a size L (10,12,14) but is on a smaller mannequin so it could be worn by a smaller person. The ties are plenty long and could be tied around the waist.
 The shape is so flattering!! It slims the waist and flairs out at the hem - kinda like a really cute skirt. It is the perfect hostess apron for the perfect hostess!
The pocket adds just that cute little accent that makes the apron that much more special. This apron is for sale - $20 (plus shipping). Let me know and it can be yours!!


On a side note, my daughter, Bella, has been hanging out with me in the sewing room for the last few days. She is so creative and wanted to make something fun. She started gathering fabric bits together and ended up making this little bear/dog thing. Isn't it the cutest thing?? 

She is just so creative!! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment