Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 8 - The Red one for Gluten Free Mama

My very dear friend happens to be the Gluten Free Mama - you can check out her website here . Rachel is one of my best friends and she has an amazing business making gluten free flour and baking mixes. Her stuff is the best gluten free flour I've ever used, and her mixes are terrific (especially the Pancake Mix and the Cookie Mix) . Anyway - she does a lot of appearances- trade shows, cooking lessons, book signings, etc - and wants to look like the cute, stylish, baker that she is!! She saw an apron at a farmer's market, took a picture of it, and asked me if I could make one like it for her. I set to work looking for a pattern that was similar enough to duplicate the basic look - and, low and behold, I found the exact pattern!! I've already made one apron from the pattern book, here is the picture of the book :



The style Rachel wanted is the middle design - View C. SO CUTE! I think it is going to be so flattering and will fit the bill for her shows, lessons, etc. The fabric we chose is this:

Very classic and complex yet simple at the same time!

This is one of the most time consuming aprons I have made so far - lot's of pieces, lot's of top-stitching, gotta make sure all the fabric is going the right way.....you know, complex and time consuming! Even though it was complex and challenging, it was also very fun to make and I really like the end result - polished and classy!

Here is my daughter, Anya, modeling the apron. I hope to add a picture of Gluten Free Mama wearing it...just couldn't get it done today!

Notice Han Solo in the background - that's one of our goats!

The back fo the apron - ties at the neck and waist for a great fit.

Because it was a special order, this apron is not for sale. If you'd like one like it, let me know and I can whip one up for you!!









Tomorrow I might veer a little from the aprons because I have to make a dress for my daughter, Bella, by Wednesday morning....and I'm working in the shop at GFM all day tomorow - and I don't think I'll have time to finish the dress and make another apron. The dress is reminiscent of an apron shape, so I'm going to call it good. See you tomorrow!










No comments:

Post a Comment