Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 7 - Gingham Ruffles

Back to it! I LOVE gingham....I mean I really love it! What's not to love. It's classic and contemporary at the same time, charming, cute, etc. When I see it, I have to buy it....unless it's over priced or I don't have any money! This batch, I found at a yard sale for $2 for the bundle - several pieces of fabric all for $2!! I love a bargain.

I wanted to make something that showed off the different size prints - and would be fun to wear!! This is an original design. I just took some measurements and cut it out. I made this apron for a woman about my size - in the 10,12,14 size range. Could fit smaller or larger though....I have it on my daughter - who is about a size 4 and it goes all the way around her.

Here is the apron - I hope you like it!!

The front - three ruffles - small to large blue gingham

The back - ties in the back
This apron is available for sale - $25 plus postage. Let me know if you'd like it.
The apron on my size 4 daughter. The ruffles aren't open in the back on her!

No comments:

Post a Comment