Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 9 - Black Coffee

Did I say 30 days in a row?? What was I thinking?? Anyway - sorry for the hiatus, life (and another sewing project) got in the way. I'll post some picture of Bella's dress soon, but for today, I have a very cute "coffee" themed apron.

This apron is the same style as the last one for Gluten Free Mama. It is such a cute pattern, I just had to do it again!! Incidentally, I didn't have to draft a new pattern and that was a great thing given the week I've had. A couple of years ago I made a graduation apron for someone who was a barista and loved coffee - I got extra fabric, of course, so I would have a few to choose from. The ones I didn't use, I socked away for another time. Well, that time is here! Here is the fabric:


It's black with white coffee cups all over it with fictitious coffee house names. I think it's so cute!! My daughter want's one for her new job as a barista....but I told her she'd either have to buy one or wait for me to make one later!

The finished product turned out great - I think the black and white gingham is a great accent to the coffee fabric - again, who doesn't love gingham!! The pattern was easier to complete this time, since I've done it before. I can imagine keeping this look in my repertoire and will likely get some requests.


I've been told that this apron looks like a little sundress - which is so true....except that it's open in the back!!




This apron is for sale for $25 (plus shipping) - you know your favorite coffee drinker or barista would look SO CUTE in this! It's a size M (6-8). Let me know if you'd like to own this little afternoon pick me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment